15 August 2013

LAST DAY OF MY INTERNSHIP


Y'all, I feel like it was just yesterday I was posting about coming to New York for the summer and what I wore on my first day at my internship.  And yet, here we are, August 15th, and my official last day of work.  This summer has gone by so fast.

I'm so thankful to have had such a cool fashion PR job, to work with great girls ( interns and actual employees), and to get to experience some of the magic that goes in to the fashion industry.  I will say that it wasn't glamourous. Some days it was long hours doing stupid stuff, some days you sat there doing nothing, some days I wanted to kill somebody, and some days I felt like I was literally tossing my education out the window because you needed maybe all of two brain cells to do what I did. But I will say that I'm so grateful for the people I met and the experience it gave me - and of course, spending summer in New York City with my friends.

I'm not positive I want to do fashion PR (or at least in house) and I'm not positive I want to live in NYC after graduation. If anything, this summer has raised more questions than it has answered. But is has been an experience, and I'm so grateful I got the chance to take it - to work in fashion, to have an internship, to meet new people, to live in the city, and to take it all in.

It's been a wild ride, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment